Healthcare Support Workers
Position: Healthcare Support Worker
Responsible To: Registered Manager
Purpose of Position
- To work within a clients team of staff to provide care and support services for adults with learning and / or physical disabilities, and / or behaviours that may challenge the skills of the staff member.
- To provide assistance and relieve stress experienced by service users, their main carer or family members within the comfort and security of the family home, to involve personal, social and domestic care as advised by the Registered Manager.
- To ensure service users receive safe, individualised and high standards of care and to create an environment in which they feel welcome, safe and cared for, whilst maintaining respect and confidentiality at all times, whilst also aiming to promote the independence of the service user.
- To demonstrate good understanding and commitment to the rights of people with learning disabilities.
- To facilitate and support individuals in decision making, promoting choice, involvement and empowerment.
- Ensure the needs of the individual are met through effective person centred care planning and review.
- Ensure all medical needs, within your area of responsibility, are met and the individual supported to advocate their own needs and wishes.
- Support Individuals participation in social, leisure, educational and employment opportunities within the local community.
- Consistently apply non-aversive strategies developed in response to challenging behaviours, and contribute to client reviews and care plans.
- Interact and participate with individuals in the development of self-help skills, supporting individuals to reach their potential for independence.
- Encourage and enable individuals to maintain acceptable levels of personal hygiene.
- Adhere to Norvic Healthcare’s medication policy at all times and do not assist outside your own level of competency and training.
- Record and maintain records about individuals and ensure effective communication with other stakeholders and colleagues.
- Provide care and support as identified in care reviews and care plans, as directed by senior staff within the client’s establishment.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Learning Disability Qualification (or must be willing to work towards)
- QCF Level 2 Health & Social Care (or must be willing to work towards)
- Knowledge of regulatory framework including Essential Standards of Quality and Safety
- Mandatory training, to include Health, Safety & Fire, First Aid, Food Hygiene, Medication and Manual Handling, Mental Capacity Act
- Breakaway techniques / Management of Violence and Aggression or equivalent (previously recognised as Control & Restraint)
- Maintain professional knowledge and competence
- Attend Norvic Healthcare mandatory courses as and when required
- Work within the client’s team of staff, contributing to effective team working
- Promote the reputation of Norvic Healthcare
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Adhere to Norvic Healthcare policies and procedures
- Adhere to Client policies and procedures
- Carry out tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you to the best of your ability
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Understand and be aware of Norvic Healthcare and its client’s Health and Safety Policy and protocol’s
- Report any faulty appliances, damaged equipment or any potential hazard to your line-manager
- Promote safe working practices
- Report any accidents or incidents to your line-manager
Note: This job description is by no means exhaustive but covers the basic duties and responsibilities you are required to carry out on a day to day and weekly basis and may be superseded at any time in line with development changes of the company and your own personal development. This job description is in addition to your terms and conditions of employment with Norvic Healthcare.
What we offer our care coordinators:
- Free training
- Free uniform
- Flexible working hours mornings, evenings and weekend
- Competitive rates of pay
- You are paid from the start to finish of your round and travel time during it
- A mileage allowance of 25p per mile (additional tax allowances can be claimed up to 45p per mile)
- 28 days paid holiday; and pension scheme.
- You will be part of a team of highly valued carers.
If you think that you have the skills necessary to be a valuable member of our team, please call for more information or email your CV along with a summary of why you think you would fit the bill, we look forward to hearing from you. We also have an online application form for your convenience. However you choose to contact us, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Phone on: 01603 865 665
Or apply online by clicking here
We look forward to welcoming you to our team.