Registered General Nurse
Position: Qualified Nurse
Responsible To: Registered Manager
Purpose of Position
To ensure that service users receive safe, individualised and effective standards of nursing care. To work with and alongside the client’s team of nursing and caring staff whilst on duty and to act as ambassador for Norvic Healthcare.
- To provide high standards of skilled nursing care to service users based on each individuals needs in consultation with the client’s team of staff.
- To assist with the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care for service users and their families.
- To assist with the re-assessment of a service user’s needs and re-evaluation of their individualised care package – adapting and prioritising planned care appropriately.
- To promote effective communication within the client’s team and that within Norvic Healthcare.
- To ensure that all written documentation adheres to the client’s policies and procedures, Nursing and Midwifery Council guidelines and that of Norvic Healthcare’s.
- Adhere to the client’s and Nursing and Midwifery Council’s medication procedures.
Managerial – (when in charge of a shift)
- Ensure effective and efficient use of the client’s resources.
- Provide leadership to all members of staff, promoting effective teamwork, whilst maintaining a positive approach to achievement within the team.
- Where required by the client, be responsible to ensure that the premises have the appropriate numbers and skill mix of staff for the dependency level of the service users being cared for over the next 24 hours.
- Liaise with management.
- Ensure adequate provision and maintenance of equipment and resources for the next 24 hours
- Work at all times and be conversant with the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Professional Conduct.
- Adhere to both Norvic Healthcare’s and the client’s policies and procedures.
- Carry out duties at all times with due regard to Norvic Healthcare’s equal opportunities policy.
- Be aware of the responsibility of all employees to maintain a safe and healthy environment for service users, visitors and staff whilst you are on duty under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Ensure that duties are carried out to the highest possible standard whilst representing Norvic Healthcare, to include additional duties required from time to time (within reason).
- All staff are required to respect the confidentiality of all matters that they might learn in the course of their employment. All staff are expected to respect the requirements under the Data Protection Act (1998).
- Partake in quality assurance audits, inspections and training and development requirements.
- Adhere to Norvic Healthcare’s uniform and hygiene code.
- Ensure service users are treated with the dignity and respect that they deserve at all times.
- Ensure any grievances or areas of concern are reported to the Registered Manager within 48 hours of their occurrence.
- Ensure that the nursing care given reflects current research findings through the development of your own personal knowledge base.
- Provide support and leadership to junior members of the team.
- Undertake professional development activities, to include self appraisals and performance reviews.
- Adhere and partake in mandatory and any further training requirements as specified by Norvic Healthcare.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of your own registration with the N.M.C. and provide updated copies upon renewal to the Registered Manager on a annual basis.
Note: This job description is by no means exhaustive but covers the basic duties and responsibilities you are required to carry out on a day to day and weekly basis and may be superseded at any time in line with development changes of the company and your own personal development. This job description is in addition to your terms and conditions of employment with Norvic Healthcare.
What we offer our care coordinators:
- Free training
- Free uniform
- Flexible working hours mornings, evenings and weekend
- Competitive rates of pay
- You are paid from the start to finish of your round and travel time during it
- A mileage allowance of 25p per mile (additional tax allowances can be claimed up to 45p per mile)
- 28 days paid holiday; and pension scheme.
- You will be part of a team of highly valued carers.
If you think that you have the skills necessary to be a valuable member of our team, please call for more information or email your CV along with a summary of why you think you would fit the bill, we look forward to hearing from you. We also have an online application form for your convenience. However you choose to contact us, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Phone on: 01603 865 665
Or apply online by clicking here
We look forward to welcoming you to our team.